BOG FINANCIAL LITERACY PROGRAM
Why Should You Save?
Saving is important. The list of reasons should motivate one to start saving. Savings should be stored in a safe place, preferably a bank or saving institution which will allow you to:
- Earn interest and help your money grow;
- Reduce the temptation of spending irresponsibly;
- Make safer payments that are less time consuming and less expensive;
- Establish a relationship with the Bank;
- Enjoy services offered by banks such as access to loans;
- Have enough funds to cover living expenses in the event of a disaster or sickness;
- Pay for university/college expenses, wedding, buying a home and for a comfortable retirement, among others.
Develop a habit of saving.